Friday, May 18, 2012

photoshop editing before and after.

I felt like sharing an editing before and after today. I've had a few people ask me how i edit so here is a demonstration. I used to use Florabella actions and a few others, but i do all my editing myself now.

This is my before picture: straight out of camera, with minimal adjustments in ACR.

I wanted to make it warmer and golden toned so i first added a few curves layer adjustments to boost midtones and increase contrast.


Then i added a few solid color overlays in various blending modes, and masked off the skin colors at a low opacity and with a soft brush.

Then lastly, i warmed up the sky with a dark blue solid color fill set to "exclusion" blending mode, and sharpened using my previously shown techique. done!


Here is a before and after:

 If you enjoyed this tutorial or would like to see more, please let me know in the comments below or share my page! Thanks so much for looking :)

2 comments:

  1. I think it's an awesome picture straight from the camera, but the difference after you edited it is even better. Maybe one day I'll get photoshop again so that I can actually put some of your tutorials to practice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks bethany! either that or one day i'll learn lightroom :)

    ReplyDelete